Now that it's December, singles everywhere are wondering if they'll be in the arms of someone special for the holidays. Many were questioned over Thanksgiving about their relationship status. For those in new relationships or are casually dating, you probably don't have an answer to those annoying questions from those who really care.
December is also the time of year where singles want to couple up BIG time and looking for love online is at the top of the list.
While you're filling your calendar with holiday parties and networking events, grab your mobile phone and let's get started.
Here are 5 online and mobile dating tips to help you find love and your one in 50 million online.
1. Swipe Right. Yes. Apps like Tinder are responsible for some serious relationships, so ditch your old thoughts about hookups only with mobile dating apps and start swiping right.
2. Favorite your Digital Crush. Online dating is a numbers game, but it's so easy to get lost in the digital shuffle. To stand out, use the "Super Like" feature on your match on Tinder, say yes to your daily matches on Match and favorite or hot list someone to get their attention when you log in, at least twice daily.
3. Don't Wait. Initiate. Just because someone viewed your profile, doesn't mean you should sit back and wait for the email to arrive. To fill your date card, you MUST be proactive. That means logging in daily, seeing who viewed your profile and writing to 5-10 new people a day.
4. Snap New Photos. While your Facebook and Instagram profiles are up-to-date with fresh new photos, your online dating profile just might need a digital face-lift. The first place to start is with the photos. Grab a few from your social networking sites or better yet, enlist the help from a friend who has a great digital camera. Snap 100 photos in 5 different outfits and have a photo selection party with your BFFs. They'll help you select the best pics. P.S. Remember to wear red and ditch the little black dress. Red is the color of love, passion and the stop sign. It's also the signature color for the holidays.
5. Meet IRL. The point of Internet dating isn't to have a digital pen-pal. It's to meet someone amazing who you click with, who you can think about every morning when you wake up. You can't find him or her if you don't take your relationship from online to offline. Schedule a short phone chat and if the chemistry is there, add him or her to your date card and meet in person.
WATCH: How Mobile Dating Apps Have Changed Love
As always, I wish you much love and joy in cyberspace, or wherever you may roam. xo
Julie Spira is America's Top Online and Mobile Dating Expert and Digital Matchmaker. She was an early adopter of the Internet and online dating and has been helping singles find love online and on their mobile phones for over 20 years. For more dating advice, follow @JulieSpira on Twitter and sign up for the FREE Weekly Flirt newsletter