The theme park had previously allowed people to snack as they moved about without wearing a mask as an exception to its face-covering requirements. But no longer.
The tourist attraction has now banned eating and drinking while walking, Deadline reported Sunday. Guests are required to remain stationary if they want to remove their face mask to snack.
The theme park instituted safety rules such as social distancing and masks, but too many patrons were seen maskless and munching as they strolled, The Wrap reported.
“You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing,” the official policy now says on Disney World’s website.
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.