I am a neon pink, sunny yellow and vivid green nails kind of gal, so I can't help but try to convert every woman I meet to come over to the bright side. However, I think I may have found a simple DIY nail art worth painting on.
Inspired by the breathtaking Marchesa spring 2013 bridal collection, Taryn Multack of the blog Miss Ladyfinger decided to revamp the classic French manicure. She maintained the crisp white tip but added a silver cobweb-like design near the cuticles to emulate the crystal-encrusted sleeves on the gowns. The glimmering detail makes it wearable on a wedding day... or any day.
Photos: Marchesa spring 2013 wedding gown; L'Oreal I Will! and Satin Sheets; Ginger + Liz Tuck Me In; Miss Ladyfinger's Marchesa-inspired DIY nail art.
Follow Taryn's step-by-step instructions below to get this modern French manicure:
1. Tape off the top portion (tip) of your nail
2. Paint the rest in L'Oreal I Will! (a stark white)
3. Add a layer of L'Oreal Satin Sheets (a shimmering ivory) on top
4. Once dry, remove the tape quickly
5. Using a dotter tool or bobby pin, dot three tiny rows of silver dots using Ginger + Liz Tuck Me In
6. With a nail art brush, connect the dots creating a diamond shape
7. Seal with top coat
What do you think about this Marchesa-inspired DIY nail art? Would you wear it? Tell us in the comments section.
Click through the slideshow below for more DIY nail art.