How are those New Year's resolutions going? Not so good? Maybe because there's too much pressure! With this DIY Positivity Planner your year can be all about good vibes.
- canvas board
- artist palette
- drop cloth
- pencil w/ eraser
- pretty font page for font inspiration -- I used the font 'Amatic SC' by New Typography on Fontspace
- Start by picking a color palette for your paints -- I chose 4 colors to use and switched the order in each row
- Mix your watercolor paints with water. I added white to two of my colors. The lighter the color the better so you can read your writing over the paint splotch.
- Use your paint brush to apply a thick amount of watercolor to your board and blow through the straw to spread the paint and get the artsy drips -- I thought the mixing of colors looked awesome! I mean who doesn't want a bit of March in their February?
- Once you've made all twelve splotches, let dry completely.
- Write out your text in pencil first that way you can erase if you mess up! I used the font 'Amatic SC' by New Typography on Fontspace for inspiration, but feel free to use your own pretty hand writing!
- Go over your pencil in marker.
- Start jotting down your goals and ambitions and get your butt into gear this year! Tip: Use pencil if you plan to re-use your calendar next year or just plan on making a new one and filing the old one away for reference.