It's not uncommon for a small business entrepreneur to be bedfellows with the kind of fatigue that rakes your body as you succumb to the mental exhaustion of a day riddled with decision and distractions.
But, goal fatigue?
Who even knew it was a "thing?"
Symptoms of Goal Fatigue
Sufferers may not realize the common manifestations of goal exhaustion. In fact, many casualties of goal fatigue attribute symptoms to other causes, such as "21st century business." It comes with the job...
Indications you may be experiencing goal fatigue include, but are not limited to, the following:
- No movement toward the achievement of a goal in existence for a period of time.
- The goal is an albatross or a "should."
- Attentiveness to the goal, and it's plans for achievement, is minimal.
- Distractions and interruptions are a regular occurrence.
- Avoidance. Avoidance. Avoidance.
Recommended Treatment For Goal Fatigue
A good shake up is the perfect cure for goal fatigue. For instance,
- Ditch the current goal. Even though you're going against conventional business wisdom, it does no good to continue with the same unachieved, uninspired goal.
- Plan a goal detox. Sometimes the best way to find your way back to a goal that ignites and inspires is to go without for a period of time. Don't worry. The world won't come to an end.
- Select a goal intriguing to you. Nothing sparks creativity and passion more quickly.
- Achieve a goal in another area of your life.
- Adopt a personal goal requiring the achievement of your business goal.
Truly, there are many more "unconventional" methods for overcoming goal fatigue and exhaustion. The key is not to let it happen to you or if it does...
Apply a recommended treatment immediately and call your business coach in the morning! :-D
Have you experienced this phenomenon? What was your course of treatment?
Do You Suffer From Goal Fatigue in Your Small Business? first appeared on Synnovatia.