Do you remember that program on TV in which married couples would be interviewed and asked a series of questions about their partner? Then the partner would return and give their real answers? I think it was called "accelerated divorce!" So many had no idea what their partner really had, wanted or thought.
Not only was it a funny program but it could also be used at home -- whether one to one or at dinner parties. One to one, maybe each person could think of a couple of questions for each year of the relationship. Think of two magic moments from each year and ask a question like, "What happened the time we stayed in the hotel in the city that made us laugh until we cried?" Or, "What was the first restaurant we ever went to?" Or if it's a new relationship, this can be a great way of finding out more about your partner and how they think.
What an interesting idea for your next dinner party! It could be called a Relationship Renovator Quiz! Buy some white cards, choose a host and write down some generic questions like the following:
• What is his/her favorite meal, drink, movie, holiday destination
• What's the most romantic thing that ever happened to him/her
• If there was one thing in life that he/she could have or be to make him/her happy, what would it be?
• If your partner could live anywhere in the world, where would they choose?
• What's the funniest thing that has happened to you as a couple?
• If they could do any job in the world what would it be?
• If they could do anything they wanted, what would it be?
• What would their perfect residence or home look like?
• What would be an ideal birthday present?
• If money were no object, what would your partner like to have?
• If your partner described themselves as an animal what would it be and why?
• What are your partners goals, hopes, dreams, desires in life?
• What does your partner think about children -- how many and how to bring them up. What are
their views on schooling?
• What does your partner think about retiring and what they will do in later years
• How does your partner feel about honesty, integrity and monogamy in a relationship?
• How important is touch to your partner? Kissing? Holding hands? Being affectionate in public?
• What would your partner consider thoughtful actions from you?
• What do you do that makes your partner feel that you love them?
• When did your partner know this was a serious relationship?
• What's the funniest movie your partner ever saw and why?
• How would you know if your partner is upset over something and what 's the best way to
approach them at this time?
You don't even have to wait until a dinner party -- why no try these questions on each other tonight! You just have to promise to listen to all that your partner says -- OK?!
In fact, you don't even have to be in a relationship! These are interesting questions to ask yourself -- or about other members of your family -- or good friends. Our relationships with our friends are just as precious as our family and life partner relationships. And we can have just as much fun answering these questions with a clump of good buddies.
There's millions more you can think of -- this is a good starting point. Ask your guests for questions they would like included... what would you include?
Until next time!