A brave dog called Psycho is being hailed a hero after jumping between a venomous rattlesnake and a little girl.
Martha Rodriguez's granddaughter, Maya Delarosa, was making mud pies with her sister in the town of Hueco Tanks in Texas when they saw the snake, KCEN reported.
"I hear a hiss and a rattle and I look down and there's a snake," Delarosa told the station. "And he was already curled up and ready to strike."
But the Chihuahua-poodle mix -- who weighs only 10 pounds -- put himself in harm's way and came to the rescue.
The snake bit the pup in the eye. And while the injury appears gruesome, Dr. Vicki Dashley, the veterinarian who treated Psycho, said the swelling will go down, and the eye would be saved. According to KTSM, doctors also gave him an anti-venom shot.
Rodriguez told KCEM that even though Psycho's wound is painful, she thinks he would do the same thing again if it meant protecting his family.
"Oh God!" she told the station. "He's my hero!"
In January 2012, a dog in Australia also saved two little girls from a venomous snake. The pup called River initially showed signs of paralysis from the bite, but made a full recovery.
We're hoping for the same for Psycho!
Warning: This video contains footage that some may find unsettling.