WEIRD NEWS

Dog Survives Life-Threatening Encounter With Ninja Turtle

Luckily, surgeons doggedly worked to save the animal.
Nine-year-old Bobo the Weimaraner was rushed to Blue Cross vets in Grimsby , North East Lincs., for emergency treatment when
Nine-year-old Bobo the Weimaraner was rushed to Blue Cross vets in Grimsby , North East Lincs., for emergency treatment when he swallowed a Kinder egg.

A 9-year-old Weimaraner is lucky to be alive after a life-threatening encounter with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toy.

Bobo the dog was taken to a hospital in Grimsby, UK, earlier this week after coming down with a mystery ailment that caused him to stop eating.

Initial tests provided no clues, but the answers were found by some dogged X-ray technicians according to South West News Service.

Vets who looked at the photos of Bobo's innards discovered a small object causing an intestinal blockage and decided to perform surgery.

Veterinary nurse Tracy Nicholson said vets were shocked by what they discovered.

"We carefully removed the item and were amazed to find not only had Bobo swallowed a Kinder Surprise egg but also that a Michelangelo Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toy was still intact inside," she told SWNS.

A Kinder Egg is a chocolate egg that hides a small plastic toy. The treat is popular in Europe. But in the United States, the FDA bans this treat out of fear it will cause children to choke.

HuffPost

BEFORE YOU GO

PHOTO GALLERY
Wild X-Rays And Medical Photos
CONVERSATIONS