The statement resembled his old tweets in style and was just under the character limit for a tweet. But since Trump has been banned from Twitter, he sent it out as a press release instead.
“I hope everyone remembers,” he stated twice and insisted the COVID-19 vaccine was only possible because of him.
His critics offered some all-too-honest remembrances of Trump’s role in the pandemic, just not the kind he was hoping for:
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Is it safe to see people who have gotten the coronavirus vaccine?
- What it means if your partner tests positive for COVID-19 but you don’t.
- How worried should you be about the new strains of coronavirus?
- The unexpected challenges of co-parenting during a pandemic.
- 19 things we took for granted pre-pandemic but now miss.
- Find all that and more on our coronavirus hub page.
As COVID-19 cases rise, it’s more important than ever to remain connected and informed. Join the HuffPost community today. (It’s free!)