President Donald Trump is reportedly “frustrated” about being holed up in the White House as the coronavirus pandemic unfolds.
Aside from a March 28 trip to Norfolk, Virginia, to see the USNS Comfort depart for New York, Trump has been in Washington since a March 6-9 visit to Florida for fundraisers and golf.
On Wednesday, NBC News reported that Trump’s aides were working on a plan to get him some time out of town, perhaps for a visit to see health care workers or first responders.
“Like many Americans, the president is looking to travel when it is safe to do so,” NBC News quoted an unnamed senior administration official as saying.
On social media, Trump’s critics offered some suggestions about how he can get out of town, but they were looking to give the president more of a one-way trip:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.