Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said Thursday he might sue NBC over leaked “Access Hollywood” video that caught him bragging about groping and kissing women.
Trump told Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly that release of the 2005 recording earlier this month was “illegal.” But he stopped short of saying he’d definitely sue the network.
“Well, you’ll see, you’ll see ― you’re going to see after the election,” Trump said on “The O’Reilly Factor,” responding to a question asking if he’d sue. “But I will tell you first of all, it shouldn’t have been said, but it was locker room talk. And yeah, I mean you know we’re gonna find out soon enough, I will tell you.”
Trump argued that the release of the clip ― a hot-mic recording of his conversation with then-”Access Hollywood” host Billy Bush ― was “certainly illegal” because it the conversation was had in a “private dressing room.” The recording featured Trump claiming he tried to have sex with a married woman and bragging he can grab women “by the pussy” because he’s a celebrity.
Trump has made a habit of threatening to sue organizations or people that offend him, although he rarely follows through.
According to this clock that tracks Trump’s threats to sue critics or journalists, it has been about eight hours since he last warned of litigation.
Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.