We can't say whether he will succeed in that endeavor, but we do know a few things: Donald Trump is absurdly, indeterminately wealthy. Mr. Burns is absurdly, indeterminately wealthy. Donald Trump says outlandish things on TV, the Internet and in rooms full of reporters. Mr. Burns says outlandish things to his sidekick, Smithers, and his employees at the nuclear plant he owns.
Can you guess which quotes came from the lips of Donald Trump, cartoonish presidential candidate, versus the mouth of Mr. Burns, actual cartoon?
- "Tiny children are not horses -- one vaccine at a time, over time."
- "Well, young people are my future."
- "Why do I need another penny? I have billions. Still, if I don't take it, that hoodlum over there might."
- "[He] hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!"
- "I'd look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers and say ... 'you're fired.'"
- "You're the fattest thing I've ever seen, and I've been on safari!"
- "And just so you know, [Svetlana will] do anything for you. Anything except sex. And I do mean anything."
- "I don't think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."
- "Anyone can start a family. These days no one can find a job."
- "Our real unemployment is anywhere from 18 to 20 percent."
- "When was the last time anybody saw us beating, let’s say China, in a trade deal? I beat China all the time."
- "If I came into your house and started sniffing at your crotch and slobbering all over you, what would you say?"
- "By building a casino, I could tighten my stranglehold on this dismal town."
- "All the women ... flirted with me, consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected."
- "It's freezing and snowing in New York -- we need global warming!"
- "Oh, so mother nature needs a favor? Well, maybe she should have thought of that when she was besetting us with droughts and floods and poison monkeys."
Also on HuffPost:
To subscribe to our HuffPost Entertainment WhatsApp account:
1. Download WhatsApp on your phone.
2. Save this number, 347-334-1794, in your phone’s contacts.
3. Text "POP" to that number via your WhatsApp account.
You can unsubscribe at any time by texting “STOP" to the same number.