But Twitter users were quick to point out a major problem with how the signing of the bill was staged.
For the photo op, Trump sat in the Oval Office with 15 people (senior GOP lawmakers and members of his administration) close behind him and each other. None were adhering to social distancing rules.
Horror writer Stephen King and former Republican Rep. Joe Walsh were among those to notice:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- Trump rejects New York’s desperate plea for ventilators
- What you need to know about at-home coronavirus test kits
- How to file for unemployment if you’ve been laid off
- Avoiding going to the store? Here’s how to order groceries online.
- What to do if you live with someone with COVID-19
- How to get the most out of the weekend despite coronavirus
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.