Forget what those morning TV pundits are saying about Donald Trump. Let the rejoicing commence. Donald Trump’s first 100 days as President has been an enormous success. Just look at all that has been accomplished in this period!
- Health care has been preserved for tens of millions of Americans who were in danger of losing their health insurance, and also for the rest of us who are getting better coverage from the essential health benefits that are now the law of the land.
- Travelers to the United States and refugees seeking to immigrate here are able to land safely at American airports and are welcomed by our nation of immigrants, without regard to their faith, email history or country of origin.
- “Sanctuary” cities and towns aren’t being coerced into knocking on immigrants’ doors in the middle of the night and busing them to detention centers.
- A national security team is in place that owes its allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, and not the governments of Turkey or Russia.
- NATO is intact.
- You can still stand on the Texas border and see across to Mexico, without a big, expensive wall blocking the view.
- And also, Mexico hasn’t declared war on us.
- The Export-Import Bank is still in business.
- Hillary Clinton isn’t in jail.
- China hasn’t called in the over $1 trillion in U.S. debt it holds.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Pago Pago, American Samoa has been renamed the Faleomavaega Eni Fa’aua’a Hunkin VA Clinic. (H.R. 1362, signed into law March 31, 2017)
- North Korea hasn’t blown up the world. (Yet)
There, don’t you feel better?
Thanks, Donald Trump!