Candied bacon that's low carb? Wha-what?
Low Carbers rejoice! You CAN have your candied, chocolate covered, peanut butter dipped bacon AND eat it too....
1 package of center cut bacon
Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (about ½ - 1 tsp per slice of bacon)
Dark chocolate melting wafers (12 oz bag)
White chocolate melting wafers (12 oz bag)
½ cup peanut butter
Toppings: Cayenne pepper, crushed red hots and sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 300.
2. Take a wooden skewer and weave it through a slice of bacon. Lay out flat on baking sheet.
3. Repeat with the rest of the slices of bacon.
4. Press Splenda Brown Sugar Blend into each strip of bacon.
5. Bake at 300 for 40 minutes. Drain bacon.
6. Melt dark chocolate wafers in a double boiler. Dip some slices of bacon in dark chocolate and decorate with crushed red hots and sprinkles.
7. Melt white chocolate wafers in a double boiler. Set aside half of the white chocolate and mix peanut butter into the other half. Stir until melted.
8. Dip bacon in white chocolate and white peanut butter chocolate and decorate with sprinkled cayenne and/or desired toppings.
For more recipes and low carb delish, check out What's on Parker's Plate?