Dreams are totally amazing. Sometimes you can fly in them. Sometimes you have superhuman strength. They can be scary or magical and, if you’re a guy, it turns out they’re much more likely to be about sex than anything else.
Thanks to the video above, we’ve learned dozens of reasons why the time we spend weaving stories in our sleep is so incredible. To name a few:
1. The average American spends 6.5 years dreaming over a lifetime.
2. Dreaming about murder might mean you’re more likely to be aggressive when you’re awake.
3. 37 percent of women have experienced a sleep orgasm (and so have 83 percent of men).
4. 11 percent of people dream in black and white.
5. Seven percent of people experience smells in their sleep ― and six percent of people experience taste.
Want to learn more? Catch the full video above.
Sarah DiGiulio is The Huffington Post’s sleep reporter. You can contact her at email@example.com.