Our visions of Easter are clouded by images of tulle dresses, Peeps candies and bow-tie wearing bunnies. (They've pretty much overtaken the religious significance of the holiday). Nonetheless, we still look forward to putting on the finest shades of pastel whenever this time of year comes around. This year, why not throw some edge into the sugary mix?
Fleury Rose, celebrity manicurist and Illamasqua US nail ambassador, stopped by our offices and gave us some Easter nail art inspiration. Using the brand's speckled nail polishes, she created this robin's egg manicure with round and diamond-shaped studs. Rose added another interesting detail by drawing an "X" onto a few nails.
Read on for the step-by-step instructions to recreate this manicure, plus get more Easter nail art ideas below.
Nail color steps:
1. Shape, buff and prep nails with Illamasqua Base Coat.
2. On first hand, paint ring finger, middle finger and thumb with one coat of Freckle (speckled brown/nude shade).
3. On second hand, paint the pinky and pointer with one coat of Freckle.
4. Paint all remaining nails with one coat of Scarce (speckled pink shade).
5. Apply a second coat of polish to all nails and allow to dry for approximately 5-10 minutes.
Design steps (can be done on one or all nails):
1. Using a long thin brush, draw an "X" shape on the nail using Milf (pistachio green shade)
2. Fill in the top and bottom of the "X" to create two triangles. Allow 3-5 minutes to dry.
3. Clean brush and use Swinger (metallic gold shade) to paint two triangles on top of the green, which meet in the center.
4. Outline the green triangles with a thin gold line.
5. Decorate the design with studs and seal with a top coat.
Easter Nail Art Ideas
Want more HuffPost Style beauty content? Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram at @HuffPostBeauty. (For everything else check out our main HuffPost Style Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram @HuffPostStyle.)
Do you have a beauty story idea or tip? Email us at email@example.com. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)