- Preparation is a snap - just a few ingredients and no cooking.
- The soup is protein-packed, and light and healthy.
- It's the perfect crowd-pleaser for entertaining.
- The soup is vegetarian and gluten-free.
- To make it vegan just leave off the dollop of yogurt.
- If you pushed your peas off your plate as a child, this will make you a pea-lover!
Layne's No-Cook Pea Soup:
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Serve with a dollop of yogurt.
This soup can be served hot, cold or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts per servings (based on 4 servings or 217 grams): 82 calories, 0.5 grams fat, 98 mg sodium, 121 mg potassium, 12.7 grams carbohydrate, 4.6 grams dietary fiber, 6.6 grams protein, 36 percent daily value vitamin A, 14 percent daily value vitamin C, 10 percent daily value iron, 4 percent daily value calcium.
- Vegetarian and vegan
- High in protein (4 grams per half-cup serving)
- A source of iron, zinc and vitamin K
- Low in sodium
- High in thiamin, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and dietary fiber
- Low on the glycemic index (beneficial for people with diabetes)
- Low-fat and heart-healthy
- High in soluble fiber (helps to lower cholesterol)
- Cholesterol-free (All plant-based foods are cholesterol-free)
- Rich in coumestrol, an anti-cancer phytochemical
- Ecological and sustainable