By Phil Mutz, writer at LittleThings.com
Growing up, pasta night at my house was always my favorite -- and my love of all-things pasta has certainly continued into adulthood.
Unfortunately, eating pasta with sugar-filled tomato sauce every single day isn't the healthiest decision...
And when I saw this incredible idea for making pasta healthier with a creamy avocado sauce, I knew it would quickly become one of my favorites.
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 avocados, halved and seeded
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring salted water to boil in large pot.
- Cook pasta per package instructions.
- Combine garlic and basil in food processor. Pulse to mince.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, avocados, and water.
- Process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Combine cooked pasta with avocado sauce.
- Top with lemon zest, pepper, and fresh basil.
- Serve and enjoy!
This creamy avocado sauce is so easy to make, and the results are truly delicious.
Watch the video below to see just how simple it is to make healthy avocado pasta yourself. Will you be trying this recipe at home? Let us know in the comments.
Please SHARE if you love healthier pasta sauce recipes like this!