Sage Stallone Death: Edd Filiti, Sylvester Stallone's Nephew, Criticizes Actor For Neglecting Son

Sylvester Stallone's nephew, Edd Filiti, has reportedly accused the actor of neglecting his now-deceased son, Sage Stallone, in the days before his death.

Celebuzz was the first to report on the angry messages Filiti reportedly posted on his Facebook page.

“What did he do wrong, say happy birthday,” Filiti, son of Sylvester’s half-sister, Toni Ann, reportedly wrote on Facebook last Friday. Filiti's post referred to Sage's supposed attempt to speak with his father on the "Rocky" star's July 6 birthday. “Neither you [Stallone’s wife Jennifer Flavin] or he could return a phone call, which is all he wanted, his father. I know you don’t care what happened, but you’ll care when your [sic] squirming under the burning magnifying glass of public opinion.”

The 18-year-old reportedly went on to criticize ex-model Flavin, who is Stallone's third and current wife. The two married in 1997.

Filiti accused Flavin of tearing the Stallone family apart, according to the Daily Mail.

The posts have since been deleted and Filiti expressed regret over his actions to the New York Post.

“I made a mistake," the teenager told the Post. "It is a very emotional time and I vented my feelings. I was feeling raw and emotional and I never meant for my feeling to become public. I took the post down minutes later. I never meant to insult my uncle. I have my own issues with him, but that should never be said on Facebook. I want to recant my words.”

Sylvester Stallone previously spoke to TMZ about the death of his son, saying there is "no greater pain."

"This agonizing loss will be felt for the rest of our lives," the actor told TMZ. "Sage was our first child and the center of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son's memory and soul left in peace."

Sage Stallone, 36, was found dead in his Los Angeles apartment on July 13. On Sunday, the Los Angeles Times reported that the Los Angeles County coroner's office confirmed the autopsy had been completed, though toxicology results and a cause of death are still pending.

The case is currently in the hands of the LAPD Robbery Homicide Department detectives, who handle high-profile cases. However, according to TMZ, this move does not suggest that foul play is involved.

"We don't know what the circumstances are around it," Sage's attorney, George Braunstein, told NBC Los Angeles. "He was in good health, great spirits. He was thinking of getting married, working on a lot of film projects."

testPromoTitleReplace testPromoDekReplace Join HuffPost Today! No thanks.