Energy Legislation: Cantwell, Bingaman Strategize Ahead Of Meeting At White House

The search for a legislative way forward on energy will continue Tuesday when Democrats reconvene to strategize ahead of a Wednesday energy meeting at the White House. Presenters from last Thursday's Democratic caucus meeting, including Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.) who laid out her CLEAR Act in a video, will field questions from colleagues. Cantwell's video, presented at a caucus meeting to decide what direction to take on energy legislation, describes the energy bill she is sponsoring with Susan Collins (R-Me.).

Sens. John Kerry (D-Mass.) and Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) also brought a video presentation of their comprehensive climate-change legislation.

Cantwell's CLEAR Act would spur green energy investment while avoiding regional disparities, according to a new study by the Institute for Policy Integrity at New York University School of Law. The legislation would cap national greenhouse gas emissions, auctioning off all allowances for emissions and then refunding 75 percent of federal revenues to taxpayers, using the other 25 percent to invest in green technologies.

Watch the full video here:

The Kerry-Lieberman legislation is the consequence of months of negotiation with stakeholders.

Watch it here:

testPromoTitleReplace testPromoDekReplace Join HuffPost Today! No thanks.