President Donald Trump’s second son called Biden “a coward” in one tweet and used the hashtag #BidensACoward in another as he railed against the former vice president for his reluctance to debate in person next week with the president, who was hospitalized last week for three days after testing positive for COVID-19.
The Commission on Presidential Debates had announced earlier Thursday that the Oct. 15 town hall-style debate would take place virtually “in order to protect the health and safety of all involved.”
The president, however, said he would not participate remotely. Biden agreed to the change in format but now proposes that the debate be postponed.
Twitter users were stumped by the logic of Eric Trump’s attack on Biden and suggested the alternative #TrumpIsACoward hashtag in reply:
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.