Eric Trump earned derision on Twitter Thursday for an out-of-context boast about the growth of the U.S. economy.
President Donald Trump’s son bragged about the 33.1% GDP rise in the third quarter with this post:
Twitter users filled in the gaps.
Critics highlighted how the recovery from this year’s economic crash caused by the coronavirus pandemic is far from complete — with the unemployment rate still at 7.9% ― and noted that the recession-plagued economy now appears to be weakening again as a third wave of the crisis rages across the country.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Here’s the latest science on COVID antibodies.
- How does the coronavirus spread differently than the flu?
- What does the new CDC definition of a COVID-19 “close contact” mean for you?
- Is it safe to see grandparents for the holidays?
- Therapists predict how this year will shape our mental health.