This week brought several big headlines in extreme weather news:
- An ice storm in New York left thousands of people without power.
- A tornado ripped through parts of Arkansas, destroying dozens of homes.
- New York City, Philadelphia and Atlantic City broke temperature records during a late-season heat wave.
- Parts of New England were blanketed with snow, prompting school closures and slippery roadways.
- A plan in Oklahoma to add storm shelters to schools following a devastating tornado was thwarted by a series of tax cuts.
Check out photos of the week's extreme weather from around the world: