This week brought several big headlines in extreme weather news:
- The Rockies experienced hurricane-force winds late last weekend, with some gusts reaching 115 miles-per-hour.
- Australia continued to experience extreme heat over the week, causing the Australian Open to be halted for the first time since 2009.
- Floods and landslides struck Indonesia and the Philippines, resulting in multiple deaths and thousands being displaced.
- Dense fog blanketed much of the East Coast, causing travel delays.
- Wildfires blazed across Australia as temperatures continued to exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Check out photos of the week's extreme weather from around the world: