U.S. News

How This Mother Found Hope After A House Fire Destroyed Everything

Hollye Dexter's entire life was turned upside down when, in the middle of the night, her Los Angeles home was destroyed in a fire caused by "some kind of an electrical mishap," she told HuffPost Live on Tuesday. But after allowing herself years to grieve, she was encouraged to channel her pain into a productive outlet, and she penned a recently published memoir titled Fire Season.

In the video above, Dexter recounts the horrific night she lost everything and the journey she's taken to rise above the trauma.

Sign up here for Live Today, HuffPost Live's new morning email that will let you know the newsmakers, celebrities and politicians joining us that day and give you the best clips from the day before!

Couple Channel Grief Into Retreat For Veterans