The hospitals were ranked based on ten metrics, including mortality, medical complications, patient safety, average patient stay, expenses, profitability, patient satisfaction, adherence to clinical standards of care, post-discharge mortality and readmission rates for heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia.
Here are five of the top hospitals in Illinois, as ranked by Truven Health Analytics:
1. Advocate Christ Medical Center - Oak Lawn
2. Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center - Chicago
3. Advocate Lutheran General Hospital - Park Ridge
4. Rush University Medical Center - Chicago
5. Riverside Medical Center - Kankakee
See five more top-ranked Illinois hospitals at Reboot Illinois, including one hospital that was recognized by the report for the first time ever.
Sign up for our daily email to stay up to date with Illinois politics.
NEXT ARTICLE: How much did Illinois colleges make in 2014?
- Illinois' college completion rate is higher than the U.S. average-in almost every category
- Top 10 Illinois colleges whose graduates have the highest earning potential
- How much do Illinois college presidents make?
- Here are the most diverse colleges in Illinois
- Want to tell your elected officials what you think of the state of government in Illinois? Use our Sound Off tool.
How to vote
Vote-by-mail ballot request deadline: Varies by state
For the Nov 3 election: States are making it easier for citizens to vote absentee by mail this year due to the coronavirus. Each state has its own rules for mail-in absentee voting. Visit your state election office website to find out if you can vote by mail.Get more information
In-person early voting dates: Varies by state
Sometimes circumstances make it hard or impossible for you to vote on Election Day. But your state may let you vote during a designated early voting period. You don't need an excuse to vote early. Visit your state election office website to find out whether they offer early voting.My Election Office
General Election: Nov 3, 2020
Polling hours on Election Day: Varies by state/localityMy Polling Place