“That’s what a superspreader event looks like. You know it as Fox News and its viewers can’t get enough and some even watch it from their hospital beds as they die from COVID,” Franklin says in the clip, which includes footage of its hosts, including prime-time stars Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson, downplaying the threat of COVID-19 and railing against lockdowns and mask mandates aimed at combatting its spread.
“Look, 40 million people watch these shows and only these shows and follow their edicts about no masks, no distancing, hydroxychloroquine and other utterly insane shit,” Franklin adds. “Then Trump repeats Fox and Fox repeats Trump.”
Check out the video here:
It’s unclear if the ad, which circulated on social media as Fox’s Tucker Carlson faced fierce backlash for sowing doubt about COVID-19 vaccines, will air on television.
After running multiple spots against President Donald Trump before the election, Really American has since turned to stumping for Democratic candidates Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff in the Georgia Senate runoff elections, creating ads criticizing Republican incumbents David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler.
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- How long does it take for the coronavirus vaccine to work?
- Which masks will actually keep your face warm this winter?
- Can you close your COVID “bubble” without losing friends forever?
- How will spending the holidays in quarantine affect our mental health?
- What happens to all those face masks and gloves we’re tossing in the trash?
- Find all that and more on our coronavirus hub page.