Great news is coming.
“Hi! We are fully recovered and in good health after I was infected by the Cororonavirus, and most likely my wife @grymolvaerhivju,” the actor wrote in the post. “After several weeks inn quarantine, and also a couple more indoors after beeing free of all symptoms, we are finally safe and sound.”
The news received an outpouring of well-wishes and other positive messages from fans.
“We send our love and thoughts to all of the people where the virus has hit much harder, and to everyone who has lost their loved ones due to the Cornonavirus,” Hivju added. “Thank you for all of your support, and please remember to stay vigilant and keep your distance, wash your hands, and most of all ; take care of each other in this strange time.”
The actor, who played Tormund Giantsbane in the show, shared a similar message when he first announced that he had tested positive for the virus, imploring people to stay indoors, stay healthy and take care of each other.
“Together we can fight this virus and avert a crisis at our hospitals,” he wrote on Instagram in mid-March.
The same week that Hivju shared his diagnosis, another “Game of Thrones” star, Ellaria Sand actor Indira Varma, appeared to indicate she had the disease as well. However, Varma has yet to give another update on her status.
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Can someone outside of your household quarantine with you now?
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.