When society's rules influence Yousef's family acceptance, it's time for him to find a new home. Daily life for LGBTIQ Iranians, as is true in other countries that criminalize homosexuality, is infinitely more complicated than the laws on the books. In spite of the challenges and risks, they find boyfriends and girlfriends -- and even the most unlikely protectors. But their journey is never easy and not every story ends happily. This is the third installment of "Yousef and Farhad."
- "Yousef and Farhad" -- Part 1
- "Yousef and Farhad" -- Part 2
- "Yousef and Farhad" -- Part 4
- OutRight Action's blog about the inspiration behind "Yousef and Farhad"
- Reflections on the format and topic from writer Amir Soltani and cartoonist Khalil Bendib