by Jillian Kramer, BRIDES
While the setting varies from woman-to-woman, there's a universal monologue that occurs to almost brides-to-be as they realize this is the moment he'll drop to one knee and pop the question. It's a little dazed and confused -- and a lot joyful. Here's what it looks like.
1. Another beautiful day. The sun is shining, the birds are singing -- I'm so glad my boyfriend suggested a trip to the beach.
2. But, wait. Why is he wearing a suit to the beach? I mean, I know it's not exactly swimming weather, but jeez. Take it down a notch, buddy.
3. Why are we headed to the most secluded area possible? This is kind of weird.
4. And it's actually a little windy. Maybe that's why he's jacket-clad. I think we should totally call it a day and head back to the car.
5. OK, calm down, dude. We can totally hoof it another half mile while I freeze my buns off. No problem.
6. He's digging in his pocket. He's getting down on one knee. There's a ring. Oh. My. God. This all makes sense now. I'm about to be proposed to!
7. Tears. So many tears.
8. And now, a complete blackout. I can see words are coming out of his mouth, but I'll have to plead the fifth if anyone asks me what he actually said.
9. Why are you just staring at me? Oh! Yes! Of course yes. A thousand times yes!
10. Let's call everyone we know. And let's tell everyone we see on the walk back to the car. Hey, mister! Look at my new ring! That my fiancé gave me!
More From Brides.com:
These Are THE Top Wedding Dress Trends For Spring 2016