Here at HuffPost Women, one of the things we love most about Lena Dunham's HBO show, "Girls," is the incisive, witty and hilarious dialogue that Dunham and the rest of her writing team come up with every week. So instead of simply recapping Season 4, we decided to pick five quotable gems from each episode.
Episode 3: "Female Author"
In true Hannah-fashion, Hannah is already bored of graduate school and her slow schedule of only one class a week. While Elijah is keeping her company with college parties and hugs, Hannah is still missing Adam. Adam, however, has his own stuff to figure out after he and Jessa get arrested because she urinates on the street in broad daylight. Ray, who has stepped up as the father-figure of the group, bails them out and reprimands them. The entire encounter reminds Adam that Jessa is a bad influence. Ray saves the day again when he talks some sense into Marnie and reminds her she shouldn't be anyone's mistress. After an encouraging meeting with a record label about Marnie and Desi's music, Marnie confronts him about their affair. While nothing is really solved between the two, Marnie seems relieved to finally stand up for herself. Hannah gives an impassioned speech to her entire writing class about being honest with one another. Sadly, her preaching came across more rude than honest and only turned her classmates against her even more.
1. Jessa on being caught between Adam and Hannah's long-distance relationship: "This whole thing is why I hate relationships between white people."
2. Elijah on the awesome party house he and Hannah attended: "This party sucks dick." - Hannah. "What are you talking about? The twins that live here have legal access to medicinal mushrooms and ecstasy. It's like… you're welcome." -Elijah
3. Marnie telling Desi how she really feels about their affair: “We're building a future together, a musical future together. So why the fuck do you still have a girlfriend who isn't me?"
4. Elijah on why he started taking so many pictures: "I just realized that I got so good at taking selfies that I wasn't feeling challenged anymore. Then I thought what would happen if I turned the camera around."
5. Hannah's classmates on Hannah's ridiculous and honest speech to the group: "I think we just found our own Lindsay Lohan.”