Before I began my journey as a gluten free gal, I was a vegetarian and therefore, missed out on years of eating meat. Because of this, my fiance, who LOVES eating all types of red meat, has been trying to get me to try new foods. He came up with this delicious recipe for BBQ spare ribs (yes, it is naturally gluten free) and I have to admit that I am addicted!
1 pound pork spare ribs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 bottle BBQ sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 cup water
Salt and pepper (to season)
1. Line crock-pot with liner.
2. Place raw pork ribs in crock-pot along with 1/2 cup water and 1/2 chopped onion. Sprinkle salt and pepper on meat and place on HIGH HEAT for 4 hours.
3. 15 minutes before meat will be finished, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. In large bowl, mix 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 bottle BBQ sauce to create a BBQ glaze.
5. When meat has been cooked in crock-pot for 4 full hours, remove excess liquid and place meat in baking dish. Pour your BBQ glaze mixture over meat and place baking dish in oven for 15 minutes.
6. After 15 minutes, remove dish from oven, let cool, and serve!