167 reports of foodborne illnesses were reported near Casper, Wyoming last week, all linked to a Golden Corral restaurant in the area. Norovirus is thought to be the culprit.
The North Carolina-based chain, known for its all-you-can-eat buffet, has been responsible for causing sicknesses before. In 2003, 23 customers were infected with salmonella after eating at a Golden Corral in Georgia.
Still, the Wyoming outbreak is the largest to date. Consequently, the franchise voluntarily closed its doors for 24 hours to clean while the Natrona County Health Department investigates.
Watch the video from KTWO News here: