As we prepare to say goodbye to 2015, the time is prime for taking stock of what have been our blessings and successes that we can be grateful for, while equally allowing ourselves to bid farewell to the things that do not (or no longer) serve our highest good and potential. The 45 Paulo Coelho phrases below would hopefully motivate you to make the necessary changes to make room for the new.
Let God/the Universe/Destiny/You-Name-It fill in the gaps. Do your share but then surrender. You can get any of these responses to your wishes and requests: "No," which only means something better is in store for you than what you are asking for now. "Yes, but not now," which means you still need to grow and get some lessons before you can arrive at that which you seek now, or you can simply get "Yes" as a response, granting your wish. Therefore, you will never lose.
Know that what happens is exactly what needs to be happening right now and let yourself evolve past certain situations or people. So, push forward to 2016 and keep your dream traveling forward. And if something is not adding to your life anymore, simply subtract that from it.
1. "It is so important to let certain things go. To release them. To cut loose. People need to understand that no one is playing with marked cards; sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. Don't expect to get anything back, don't expect recognition for your efforts, don't expect your genius to be discovered or your love to be understood. Complete the circle. Not out of pride, inability or arrogance, but simply because whatever it is no longer fits in your life. Close the door, change the record, clean the house, get rid of the dust. Stop being who you were and become who you are."
2. "We are travelers on a cosmic journey, stardust, swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity."
3. "All we have to do is understand that we're all here for a reason and to commit ourselves to that. Then we can laugh at our sufferings, large and small and walk fearlessly, aware that each step has meaning."
4. "I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure."
5. "Learn to recognize omens and follow them."
6. "Some people appear to be happy, but they simply don't give the matter much thought. Others make plans (...) Yet their eyes betray the sadness that even they don't know they carry in their soul. Are you happy?"
7. "You must always know what it is that you want."
8. "There are three things that a child can teach an adult: To be happy for no reason; to be always busy doing something; and to know how to demand -- with all one's might - what one wants.
9. "The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulas, recipes or other people's opinions."
10. "It is best to live as if it were the first and last day of my life."
11. "Making a decision was only the beginning of things. When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision."
12. "Whenever I refused to follow my fate, something very hard to bear would happen in my life."
13. "The energy of hatred won't get you anywhere; but the energy of forgiveness, which reveals itself through love, will transform your life in a positive way."
14. "Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering."
15. "What we need to learn is always there before us, we just have to look around us with respect and attention in order to discover where God is leading us and which step we should take next."
16. "If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."
17. "I ask myself: are defeats necessary? Well, necessary or not, they happen. When we first begin fighting for a dream, we have no experience and make mistakes. The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times."
18. "You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it."
19. "All battles in life serve to teach us something, even the battles we lose."
20. "Carry in your memory, for the rest of your life, the good things that came out of those difficulties. They will serve as a proof of your abilities and will give you confidence when you are faced by other obstacles."
21. "When a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person to realize his dream."
22. "People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of."
23. "The magic moment is the moment when a 'yes' or a 'no' can change our whole existence."
24. "It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting."
25. "Hell is when we look back during that fraction of a second and know that we wasted an opportunity to dignify the miracle of life. Paradise is being able to say at that moment: "I made some mistakes, but I wasn't a coward. I lived my life and did what I had to do."
26. "Pitiful is the person who is afraid of taking risks. Perhaps this person will never be disappointed or disillusioned; perhaps she won't suffer the way people do when they have a dream to follow. But when the person looks back -- she will hear her heart."
27. "The boat is safer anchored at the port; but that's not the aim of boats."
28. "Don't give in to your fears. If you do, you won't be able to talk to your heart."
29. "If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It is lethal."
Evolving with Seasons
30. "It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn't matter what we call it. What matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over."
31. "Because I don't live in either my past or my future. I'm interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you'll be a happy man ... Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we're living right now."
32. "The end of one stage is only the beginning of another. Any dangers overcome are the necessary preparation to do better in the next stage."
33. "It is said that the darkest hour of the night comes just before the dawn."
Loving Not Sensibly
34. "I had fought against my heart, because I was afraid of sadness, suffering and abandonment. But now I knew that true love was above all that and that it would be better to die than fail to love."
35. "At some point, we have each said through our tears, 'I'm suffering for a love that's not worth it.' We suffer because we feel we are giving more than we receive. We suffer because we feel we are giving more than we receive. We suffer because our love is going unrecognized. We suffer because we are unable to impose our own rules. But ultimately there is no good reason for our suffering, for in every love lies the seed of our growth."
36. "At every moment of our lives, we all have one foot in a fairy tale and the other in the abyss."
37. "With love, there are no rules. The heart decides and what it decides is all that really matters."
38. "The aim of every human being is to understand the meaning of total love."
39. "Anyone who loves in the expectation of being loved in return is wasting their time."
40. "You must understand that love never keeps a man from pursuing his destiny. If he abandons that pursuit, it's because it wasn't true love..."
41. "The strongest love is the love that can demonstrate its fragility."
42. "I missed my chance to tell you something very simple: I love you. It may be too late now, but I wanted you to know."
43. "Maktub. If I am really a part of your dream, you'll come back one day."
44. "In love, no one can harm anyone else; we are each of us responsible for our own feelings and cannot blame someone else for what we feel. It hurt when I lost each of the various persons I fell in love with. Now, though, I am convinced that no one loses anyone, because no one owns anyone. That is the true experience of freedom: having the most important thing in the world without owning it."
45. "What remains will be the love that moves the heavens, the stars, people, flowers, insects, the love that obliges us all to walk across the ice despite the danger, that fills us with joy and with fear, and gives meaning to everything."
HuffPost's GPS for the Soul app is based on two truths about human beings. First: We all have a centered place of wisdom, harmony and balance within us. Second: We're all going to veer away from that place, again and again and again. What we need is a great course-correcting mechanism -- a GPS for the Soul -- to help us find our way back to that centered place, from which everything is possible.
Because no one knows better than you what helps you de-stress and tap into that place of peace inside yourself, it's important for you to create your very own GPS guide -- a personalized collection of whatever helps you course-correct. Email us at GPS@huffingtonpost.com and we'll set you up with your very own HuffPost blogger account to share your guide on the site. If you're already a blogger, we encourage you to upload your personal guide today. We can't wait to see what you have to share.