Beer is one of America's favorite beverages. We love high-end craft beers, bottom-shelf cheap beers and everything in between. Each city has a favorite beer, a brewmaster that's a hometown hero and a bar they're trying to keep a secret so that it doesn't get too crowded.
So, naturally, cataloguer of all things manly and stylish, GQ Magazine has gone and let the secret out: here are GQ's five best beer cities in America.
- Los Angeles, The New Frontier of Beer: The magazine give special mention to two local breweries, Golden Road Brewing and Eagle Rock Brewery.
- Denver, Welcome to Brewtown, U.S.A.: A bit of a no-brainer. Everyone knows the Rockies are famous for both their monstrous brewing giants and small, powerful micro-brew producers, but did you know Denver is home to the Great American Beer Festival every October?
- Philadelphia, Home of the Perfect Pub Crawl: It seems natural that the home of the cheesesteak would also produce excellent things with which to wash those storied sandwiches down, but Philly is also where our founding fathers drank their beer, and GQ doesn't want us to forget that.
- Cleveland, The Old-School Beertown: Cleveland proves its beer-loving mettle by being home to Nano Brew Cleveland, where they will "pour you a bready amber ale while they tune your bike."
- San Francisco, Brews for Foodies: We see you creeping up on us in quality of food and drink, San Fran. Don't think New York isn't paying attention. In particular, GQ calls attention to Almanac and Pacific Brewing Labs, who are both focusing on beer brewed with unusual and seasonal ingredients like plums and hibiscus.
Go check out all the gems GQ dug up for you. Happy beering, America!
BEFORE YOU GO
How to vote
Vote-by-mail ballot request deadline: Varies by state
For the Nov 3 election: States are making it easier for citizens to vote absentee by mail this year due to the coronavirus. Each state has its own rules for mail-in absentee voting. Visit your state election office website to find out if you can vote by mail.Get more information
In-person early voting dates: Varies by state
Sometimes circumstances make it hard or impossible for you to vote on Election Day. But your state may let you vote during a designated early voting period. You don't need an excuse to vote early. Visit your state election office website to find out whether they offer early voting.My Election Office
General Election: Nov 3, 2020
Polling hours on Election Day: Varies by state/localityMy Polling Place