Byron Edwards, 62, was caught on camera jumping up and down, dancing and running around his Stone Mountain, Georgia, living room after watching his track star idol storm to victory for a third consecutive time.
Edwards possibly exerted the same amount of energy as Bolt did when he won the title in just 9.81 seconds. Watch the video here:
“He’s followed Bolt for a long time,” Edwards’ grandson Ashanti Stewart, who filmed his grandpa’s glorious reaction and posted it to Twitter, told Mashable.
“He’s a HUGE fan,” Stewart added of his relative, who he told HuffPost moved to the U.S. just five years ago and remains “very patriotic” of his homeland.
The 28-second clip has now gone viral, much like the hilarious Usain Bolt smiling face meme.
For more Olympics coverage:
- Usain Bolt’s Smiling Face Is The Newest Olympic Internet Meme
- 11 Weird Sports That Were Actually In The Olympics
- Michael Phelps’ Death Stare Is Now A Seriously Intimidating Tattoo
- Chinese Diver Pops The Question In Olympically Romantic Proposal
- Athlete Bows Out Of Rio 2016 With Olympic-Sized McDonald’s Meal
- Bachelorette Party Hilarious Crashes BBC’s Live Olympic Coverage