Outside of the chocolates, roses and dinner reservations, there are many ways to green your Valentine's Day. Be it a date spent out in nature, or an eco friendly gift idea, check out some of these ways to show the earth you love her too!
- Make a romantic, organically candle lit dinner at home. It's cheaper, less stress of finding a reservation at the right place, and perfectly private - ooh lala!
- Make your own cards or support a local artist who hand makes cards from recycled materials. Also shop online at spots like Tiny Prints.
- Buy and give a locally, organic grown plant. Your loved one will be able to enjoy it a lot longer then expensive flowers that will wilt as soon as the clock strikes midnight on the 15th ; ) Or better yet, plant a tree and as your love grows, the tree will be a reminder of when the seed was planted!
- Opt for local, organic, fair trade and/or vegan chocolates. Not only are they healthier for your body, they are healthier for the earth and its inhabitants!
- Instead of the usual dinner date, go on a hike and pack a picnic. Get out in nature and enjoy a delicious meal overlooking a gorgeous view!
- Book a retreat in a wildlife reserve, park or natural area. Your business will help support the running of such establishments.
- Ice skating on a frozen lake. Well, be sure it's safe but it's a highly fun and romantic way to enjoy the season.
- Volunteer! You and your main squeeze can share your love with others by making a date to help an organization in need. Be it helping out at an animal shelter or habitat for humanity, nothing is more fulfilling then helping others.
- Sow the seeds of love ; ) Spend the day planting an organic garden. This way you enjoy a mutual activity and get to enjoy the health, eco and budget benefits all year long!
For more information, visit www.HealthyVoyager.com