Lin-Manuel Miranda, who will long be remembered for his ponytailed depiction of a Founding Father without a father on Broadway, will make your alcohol-laced dreams come true later this month when he appears on the Comedy Central show “Drunk History.”
EW just released a teaser for the Nov. 29 episode. According to the clip, shown above, we can confirm that Miranda does indeed recount the life and times of Alexander Hamilton. And that, yes, he gets significantly sozzled.
Here are the best lines so far, because that’s what you came here for:
- “F**k you, f**k you, you’re cool, Aaron Burr, nice to meet you.” -Alexander Hamilton
- “[Burr] um, like, kills a lot of British dudes.” -Narration
- “Motherf**ker, like, come work for me.” -George Washington
- “You’re gonna be in the guy ― in with the guy who knows best.” -George Washington
- “Like, can I fight? Can I ― can you just give me, like, a bunch of dudes and like, I ― I promise I’ll be so good at this.” -Alexander Hamilton
- “Ba dum, ba, dum, ba dum, ba dum, blop [blows raspberry]. Ba dum, ba, dum, ba dum. [...] Whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo.” -Narration
If you don’t know the basic premise of “Drunk History,” go to YouTube. But the show is essentially what it sounds like: Comedians or mildly famous people recount historical events while effectively wasted. Actors act out the accounts, no matter the accuracy. It’s funny, guys, we promise.
Here are some more details about Miranda’s drunk debut: The episode will feature Alia Shawkat as Alexander Hamilton and Aubrey Plaza as Aaron Burr. Bokeem Woodbine, Dave Grohl, David Wain, and Veep’s Tony Hale will also make appearances as various Revolutionary-era characters.
As always, you should rewatch this video while you countdown to Tuesday:
Lin-Manuel Miranda’s “Drunk History” episode will air on Nov. 29 at 10:30 p.m. ET on Comedy Central.