One day, a participant of AskReddit (a platform for thought-provoking, discussion-inspiring questions) wanted some cheering up. Over 12,000 people responded to his post for the ‘happiest facts.’ Here are a few.
1. Otters hold hands while sleeping so they don’t float apart.
2. Blind people smile despite having never seen someone smile before.
3. Despite there being a 1 in 40 million chance of you having been born, your ancestors have successfully had children up until you.
4. If you fake laugh long enough, you’ll actually start to laugh really hard.
5. A group of flamingos is called a flamboyance.
6. And baby puffins are called “pufflings.”
7. A chemical called oxytocin is released when we cuddle, helping to heal physical wounds.
8. Butterflies use their feet to taste.
9. Some window washers at children’s hospitals surprise the kids by dressing up like superheroes.
10. Given 7 billion people and 70 years as the average lifespan, and assuming each person can only have one “most amazing day,” more than a quarter of a million people are experiencing their most amazing day each day.
11. Having enough to eat. 1 in 7 people in the world go hungry every day.
12. The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We’re all made of star dust.
More from Positive News: