This Grapefruit Paloma recipe is so refreshing and classy! This easy to make tequila based drink is perfect for sipping on this weekend!
Hey y'all! Have you had a paloma before? It's kind of like the refreshing version of a margarita. Typically made with grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila, and a sweetener. Definitely refreshing. A little tangy. A little sweet. A lot of goodness. With it being Friday, and more than likely you've been adulting all week (I know I have!), I think we deserve one of these happy little drinks. PS, I'm fully aware that calling this a grapefruit paloma is redundant because a paloma is a grapefruit drink. Just humor me here.
I used real grapefruit juice, Simply makes a grapefruit juice I was able to purchase, but you could always juice fresh grapefruits also. I did juice my own limes, because I always seem to have about 10 limes on hand for such an occasion. I did of course have to have some grapefruits on hand to garnish my drink with. Because they're just so pretty!
Basically no matter what type of week you have had, this bright, sunny, citrus drink will cheer you up and make you feel refreshed. Personally I think you should also make some Slow Cooker Mexican Brisket and have some tacos while you're sipping on this Paloma. The perfect day! So to recap:
Reasons Why You Need This Paloma In Your Life
- Easy to make
- Citrus- it just makes people happy
I hope you enjoy the recipe! You can follow along with me and never miss a recipe by signing up for my newsletter. Follow me on Instagram and tag #houseofyumm so I can see all the recipes you make. Plus follow me on snapchat! @houseofyumm 💜
- 4 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 ounce club soda
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup
- Lime Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- Lime Sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- To prepare the simple syrup pour the lime juice and water into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until boiling. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- To make the lime sugar pour the sugar into a small plate (easier to dip the rim of the glasses into) and add the lime zest. Mix together with fingers until all the zest is combined with the sugar. Rub a slice or grapefruit or lime on the rim of the glass and press down into the lime sugar. Set the glasses aside.
- In a shaker or a large glass combine the tequila, lime juice, grapefruit juice, and lime simple syrup. Add in a small pinch of salt. Shake or stir to combine.
- Pour over ice into the glasses rimmed with the lime sugar.
- Top with club soda. Stir to combine. Garnish with additional lime or grapefruit slices.
- Serve and enjoy!