As football season rapidly approaches, its important to know some safety tips for your children this year!
Coaches and athletes are gearing up for games underneath the Friday night lights, training camps are in full swing, complete with tackling techniques, agility drills and conditioning. Now is the time to get your head in the game when it comes to your athlete's helmet.
The National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE) wants to be sure athletes know their helmet, maintain their helmet and take action on and off the field to prioritize safe play.
To help prepare your young athlete for the approaching season, here are seven things to know about football helmets:
1. There are no concussion-proof helmets.
2. Proper fit is very important.
3. Look for the logo on the back of the helmet that reads "Meets NOCSAE Standard."
4. Do not alter, change or remove padding or other components of the helmet.
5. Add-on products may void safety certification.
6. Recondition and recertify helmets older than two years old.
7. Preventing concussions and other head injuries involves so much more than the helmet.
For more information, visit:
Watch and Learn more here!