1. A panel of (mostly white), wealthy men discussed whether women should have the right to access woman-specific medical care -- and overwhelmingly concluded "no."
2. Donald Trump defended referring to women as "fat pigs," "dogs," and "disgusting animals" in the past by saying he doesn't "have time for total political correctness" -- and neither does this country. He received a huge round of applause.
3. Again and again, the Republican candidates made it clear that the rights and lives of fetuses are more important than the rights and lives of women.
4. The debate doubled as a competition over who hates Planned Parenthood more -- and who would defund it first. Jeb Bush bragged about defunding Planned Parenthood in Florida, but congrats, bro!... now the state is ranked worst in the country for women's well-being. Also, Planned Parenthood is more popular than any of the presidential candidates.
5. Transphobia ran rampant. When asked about the recent end to the ban on openly transgender troops in the military, Huckabee had this to say: "The military is not a social experiment. The purpose of the military is kill people and break things. It is not to transform the culture by trying out some ideas that some people think would make us a different country and more diverse."
6. And when it came to issues of race and the #BlackLivesMatter movement, there was a whole... lot... of... silence.
Overall, the main thing we learned last night was:
Also on HuffPost: