It's been an eventful year for Hillary Rodham Clinton.
With the release of her memoir about being secretary of state, Hard Choices, came dozens of interviews and speeches about her experiences as a woman in the public eye. She's deflected probably a thousand questions about her plans to run in 2016 (fingers crossed, right?). And, of course, she became a grandmother to Charlotte Clinton Mezvinsky on September 26.
In honor of her 67th birthday, here are seven of our favorite Hillary Clinton quotes this year:
1. On how done she is with people dissecting her appearance:
2. On how to handle criticism while in the public eye:
3. On the advice she'll offer her granddaughter someday:
4. On her hopes for female leadership in the U.S. at the highest level:
5. On the importance of recognizing capability in all women:
7. On responding to explicitly sexist comments:
Happy Birthday, Hillz! And bring on more wisdom in 2015.