Location: Washington, D.C., New York City, or San Francisco
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role:
The Huffington Post is seeking a sharp, dynamic reporter to join our Green team. The ideal candidate will have experience covering the environment, science and technology, with an eye toward solutions. Areas of coverage include the natural world, research, innovations, and the people and ideas who are making a difference in the world. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of gaps in the media landscape on these issues and seek to fill them with high-quality content that breaks new ground. This reporter should be able to cover breaking news, but will also be expected to develop and pitch ideas for enterprise and feature stories. Experience in creative, multimedia storytelling methods -- interactives, video, graphics, GIFs, photos, etc. -- is a plus.
* Cover breaking news in the science and environment space
* Be able to recognize trends and shine light on new and interesting subjects
* Develop, report and write enterprise and feature stories
* Work collaboratively with editors and reporters across the organization on Green coverage
Requirements for Success:
* At least three years of reporting experience
* Solid news judgment
* Experience in online, multimedia reporting
* Knowledge and passion for science and environment stories
Email a cover letter and resume to Michael Weiss at email@example.com and Jo Confino at firstname.lastname@example.org.