Watch Video Recipe:
Pizza Dough - approx. 240g (Click here to get the Pizza Dough Recipe)
Slices of Ham
2 sliced Mushrooms
1 x Buffalo Mozzarella shredded or diced
1 glass of Italian tomato sauce for pizza
A handful of flour
1 x large wooden board (you can also use your kitchen bench)
1 x large mixing bowl
1 x Terracotta pizza base (if cooking in the bbq) or pizza tray for the oven (the best one has holes in the bottom of it which will help the pizza to cook at the bottom)
1. Sprinkle a portion of flour over your kitchen bench and spread it using your hands.
2. Place your dough on top of the board and using the tips of your fingers press down on it, not too hard, but don't be shy!
3. Press down through the middle and spread the dough out. Once you have formed a circle with lots of bumps in it, turn it over, sprinkle a little more flour on the board and place it back down. You can then spread some flour on top and repeat the process.
4. Stretch the dough out slightly using your hands, turn it once again and add a little more flour.
5. Then, if you prefer, use a rolling pin and start to stretch the dough out some more. Roll it all the way forward, then bring it all the way back.
6. Flip your pizza dough and repeat this process.
7. To make these even easier, get your mixing bowl, turn it upside down, pick up your dough with both hands and stretch it over the top of the bowl.
8. Now, carefully stretch parts of the dough down using just the palm of your hand and turning the bowl around slightly bit my bit.
9. Remove the pizza base from the base of the bowl, move it from one hand to another and place it on the tray, flattening it one more time with the palm of your hands.
10. It is now time to preheat your own at around 250 degrees.
11. Next, sprinkle two pinches of table salt into the glass of passata and stir it with a spoon until the salt is mixed in.Also add some basil leaves.
12. Using the same spoon, pour around 5 spoonful's of passata into the middle of the dough and spread it out using the base of the spoon, from the middle, out.
13. Now, add the cheese on the tomato sauce.
14. Than add the sliced mushrooms
15. Now it's time for the ham.
16. You will have some extra passata and mushrooms left and they can be kept in the fridge to be used on something else, and if you are making another pizza, you can use them on that!
17. Add the artichokes and try to decorate the pizza.
18. Place the black olives on each slice of the pizza capricciosa
19. Sprinkle some more Mozzarella in the middle of the pizza.
20. add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil if you like.
21. Now, put your pizza in the aussie bbq at 300C degrees or in the oven which should be heated by now at 250 degrees for ten minutes.
VINCENZO'S TIP: The best way to check if the pizza is ready is to touch the bottom of it (careful not to bur n yourself!)
How to serve:
1. Slice your pizza capricciosa into portions and place onto a large chopping board or into individual plates.
2. Eat it fresh out of the oven while the cheese is still sizzling...mmmm
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo's Plate...Enjoy!
More Pizza Recipes: