Cracking eggs can be tricky business. Either the shell breaks into fragments that are impossible to fish out of the bowl, or yolks break and make a mess of your breakfast. We've all been there. A cracked egg fail is no fun.
There are more ways than one to crack an egg, and depending on your method, you may be able to minimize the fail factor. Some people crack an egg with two hands, either hitting the shell against a bowl or against a flat surface like a cutting board. If you're fancy, you can crack an egg with one hand. Some people tap an egg with a knife or the back of a spoon (which is the preferred method according to science), while others hit two eggs against each other to break the shell.
How do you crack your eggs?
1. How to crack an egg with one hand.
2. How to crack an egg using a flat surface, like a counter-top or cutting board.
4. And if you really can't hack it on your own, there are a slew of products out there to give you a hand.
There's this "miracle bowl" called the CrackPot that is supposed to limit shell fragments somehow...
And then there's this handy device called the EZ-Cracker:
(You can file those under "totally useless cooking products you don't need.")
5. If you need to crack an egg under water, there's a way to do that too.
6. Or you could always play Egg Russian Roulette against Jimmy Fallon.