Who knew making adorable customized birthday candles could be so easy and so cheap?
In the video above, Martha Stewart's DIY style host Erin Furey shows that all you need is a sheet of beeswax, a hair dryer, cookie cutters, candle wick, toothpicks and glitter to take your cake over the top.
Here's how to do it:
- Lay out the beeswax and heat it up a little with the hair dryer.
- Push the cookie cutter into the sheet of wax and make four cut-outs (for four layers).
- Use the hair dryer to heat two layers together, then put the toothpick at the bottom and a piece of the wick at the top. Heat and layer with remaining two cut-outs.
- Trim the wick to about a quarter of an inch from the top.
- Add glitter or other decorations to your candle by softening the front of the candle with the hair dryer and pressing it into the glitter.
Your buddy's birthday wish will have come true before they even blew out the candle -- and they'll never have to know how cheap it was.
Also on HuffPost: