Did you make a New Year's resolution that you'd eat no meat, or try to cut down? Well I just made a nice short video about how to make a beet carpaccio to die for -- plus a bunch of other tips, which I'm not going to tell you here because you should watch the video. The recipe is below the video.
1 Red Beet, Peeled
a Bunch of Arugula
Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, shaved
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A squeeze of Lemon
1. Wrap the peeled beet in tin foil and place in an oven set to 400º for 30 minutes or until a fork penetrates it with little resistance.
2. Thinly slice the beet with a knife or a mandolin, arrange in a sunflower pattern on a large plate
3. Place a mound of fresh and clean arugula on the center on the plate
4. Shave Parmigiano Reggiano over top
5. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over top
6. Add salt and pepper to taste
7. Finish with a squeeze of lemon, prepared in the way the video demonstrates.