The only thing harder than getting through the emotional roller coaster that is divorce? Getting through it when you know your ex has moved on with someone new.
Below, HuffPost Divorce readers share their best advice for moving on when your ex has left you for someone else.
1. "Take it one day at a time. Know that there was nothing you could have done differently. They made the choice to leave you for someone else."
2. "Whatever you do, don't try to get your ex back. Just leave them alone. And for the love of all that's good and holy, do not poke around their Facebook page. It's self-inflicted torture. Give yourself time to feel your way through everything. It is hard at first, but take it from me -- it gets better."
3. "Don't cave into the pressure to let go and move on. The hardest thing for people on the outside to understand is that there is no timeline for getting through this."
4. "First, don't go after the other woman or man -- they didn't make the oath to you. Anger and frustration can fester and in the end it only hurts you. Find an outlet and get those feelings out. You didn't cheat, your ex did. Mourn the loss of him and your marriage, then go forward. You have to do this alone for a while, so hold off on that new relationship."
5. "This too shall pass. No one ever dies from a divorce."
6. "You're going to have to grieve. I cried a lot. Eventually I learned a few important things, though: I made mistakes in the marriage, too, including communicating poorly. You also realize there are plenty other potential partners out there for you. It took me five years to see it but there are more than enough women interested in me."
7. "Take care of yourself. The fact that someone left you doesn't mean you're not worthy of love. No matter what happens in your life, you should never abandon yourself."
8. "Embrace all the little things you love but your ex never cared about. Enjoy sleeping in the middle of the bed and eating at the restaurants your ex didn't like. Go and do what you want, when you want. Enjoy the time alone and with your family."
9. "I'm a firm believer that living well is the best revenge. Let your ex see how happy you are without them. Believe me, you may have to 'fake it till you make it' at the start, but now I''m quite possibly the happiest I've ever been in my life. Focus on doing things that make you and the kids happy. Live the life you've always wanted -- the one you may have put on the back-burner for your ex. It's your time now."
10. "Get to the gym. You're going need every endorphin rush you can get."
11. "Show yourself patience and love. See a counselor and work through your issues with them. Don't talk about it at work or on Facebook. Gossip gets around and it will come back to haunt you."
12. "Thank your ex for not wasting your time anymore. Look at it this way: They did you a favor. Your ex is someone else's problem now. Anxiety, be gone!"